When we talk about pure air or pollution problems we tend to think about the air outside, in a cool forest or a city full of smog. In short, we expect to be fully aware of whether we are in the presence of pollution. In reality, the place with the worst air quality is often one’s home, office, schools, in short, indoor environments.
The hectic and modern lifestyle forces us to spend most of our time indoors and, especially in this particular historical moment we are experiencing, often this environment is our home.
How then to purify the air in the house? What precautions and precautions to take so that the air breathed does not become unhealthy? Let’s find out together in this article.
Why it is important to purify the air in the house
As mentioned above , science tells us that the most polluted air is indoor . This is because to the external pollutants – particulate matter, exhaust fumes and smog – are added the pollutants produced by human activity in the house such as cooking, painting, cleaning with chemicals, smoking and much more.
All this therefore makes indoor air quality low, up to 5 times worse than outdoor , and can lead to health problems and other consequences such as:
- Skin irritation and hypersensitivity
- Dry throat and discomfort to breathe
- Unpleasant smell in the house
- Migraine and exhaustion
- Asthma attacks
- Unidentified malaise, present only in the home, which disappears once in the open air and known as sick building syndrome .
As you can see, the consequences are many and not negligible, so it is necessary to take precautions so that the air is as healthy as possible.
How to make your home air cleaner
Understanding the consequences of poor air quality, let’s now see how to purify the air in the house and thus improve living well-being. There are small tricks that will bring great benefits to your health and make your lifestyle greener and with a low environmental impact.
- Reduce accumulation of dust: you can do this by using natural textile materials and vacuuming at least once a week.
- Use plants: In addition to being decorative, plants regulate humidity levels and help reduce the concentration of CO2.
- Ventilate the rooms at the right time: air exchange is very important but, especially if you live in the city, it is good to do it in the morning when the levels of smog outside are low.
- Banish chemicals: Cleaning chemicals emit VOCs as do deodorants and some cosmetics. Minimizing their use or preferring natural versions will certainly improve air quality.
- Buy eco-friendly furniture and materials: paints, paints and furniture can emit VOCs themselves, affecting air pollution in the home. It therefore opts for natural materials and products with reduced levels of emissions.
- Reduce Humidity: Excessive humidity affects air quality and creates a breeding ground for mould in the home and on the walls.
A further ecological, natural and innovative method to purify the air in the home is the green Airlite paint.
Airlite: the innovative way to purify the air in the home
Airlite eco-friendly paint is a wall paint that will make a real difference to the air quality inside your home. This is because its technology ensures that 100 square meters painted with Airlite correspond to the purifying power of as many tall trees. Your house will then turn into a forest.
All this is possible thanks to the unique properties of Airlite:
- It has antibacterial properties and thanks to the particular composition it eliminates 99.9% of bacteria and also of superbugs.
- It has proven effective against viruses aswell as the human coronavirus.
- It prevents the formation of mould because with its formulation it makes the walls on which it is applied inhospitable to its proliferation.
- It has self-cleaning properties, creating a patina on the surfaces that repels dust and prevents the formation of dirt.
- It helps to eliminate the dangerous NOx and SOx pollutants which are also responsible for the greenhouse effect
- It does not emit VOCs and helps to actively deactivate them, so it is safe, being able to be applied in any season without risk to health.
By applying Airlite on the walls of the house you will have a valid ally in the purification of the air and in the protection of your health and of the whole family.