The bedroom is the place where children have their autonomy, an exclusive space where they can play and study in freedom. Precisely for this reason it is the environment where they spend a lot of their time.
As with all home environments, the time comes when even the children’s room needs to be repainted. In this article we will therefore talk about the importance of choosing the right paint to paint their room. And no, let’s not just talk about the cutest colour but also about the characteristics of the painting.
This last aspect is not to be underestimated because there are excellent products on the market for painting walls -products capable of offering benefits not previously considered.
So, let’s see what you need to consider when choosing the best interior paint to use in the children’s room
Characteristics of painting for the bedroom
The new technologies, materials and products for homes have brought numerous benefits that were not possible before. The criteria with which we choose these materials are different than in the past. Topics such as eco-sustainability, the impact on the environment and health are increasingly considered.
If this choice concerns products and materials that have contact with children, the quality factor becomes very important. As for the painting for his bedroom, for example, you must make sure that it is:
- Non- toxic paint – ecological and natural, free of components that can harm the health of children and the environment.
- Paint with low VOC emission – i.e. paints without solvents and without harmful volatile organic compounds that are emitted from traditional paints for a long time
- Washable paint – so that it is easy to remove stains from playing moments.
In this way his health will be protected, guaranteeing a better air quality, but also the environment and the duration of the paint thanks to the characteristic of being washable.
Colours suitable for the children’s room
Another aspect to consider is what concerns the choice of colours for the children’s bedroom. If it is true that as a new born they do not recognise colours, it is also true that as the colour of the walls grows it can affect living well-being and sleep during the night.
Here then is that the soft shades will be ideal for the first years of life, while when children begin to grow up, you can also opt for more decisive colours according to their tastes.
If the bedroom is also the place where they play, it will be preferable to divide the walls of the room horizontally, painting the lower part with a darker shade and a washable paint, while the upper part with a light colour that gives light to the room.
In this way, any stains due to pencils and markers will be barely visible and easily removable.
Airlite painting: colour and well-being in the children’s room
At Airlite we care about the future of the planet and the health of children, which is why all our paints boast unique characteristics of non-toxicity, eco-sustainability and safety.
The technology behind Airlite natural paints guarantees excellent colour rendering performance, with a range of 180 shades from which to choose. In addition, its unique properties make it capable not only of not polluting, but even of eliminating the pollutants present in the air, purifying it in the same way as a forest of tall trees. These properties are:
- Anti-pollution properties – In particular, the presence of nitrogen oxides (NOx) and sulfur oxides (SOx) is reduced, transforming them into inert substances.
- Antibacterial properties – Up to 99.9% of bacteria that settle on the walls are eliminated. This allows a reduction of the bacterial load of the bedroom with consequent greater healthiness of the air.
- Anti – mould properties – The walls of the bedroom will become an inhospitable environment for mould, protecting the health of children from possible allergies or the development of asthma.
- Anti – odour properties – As an odourless natural and mineral paint, Airlite does not emit VOCs and is effective in eliminating odours as well, by actively breaking down molecules.
- Self – Cleaning Properties – Airlite prevents dirt build-up on walls, ensuring surfaces as clean as the first day for much longer.