The painting of your home or workplace is always a cause of great stress: in addition to having to choose a suitable time for temperature and humidity, it will also be necessary to protect the furniture and anything else, which - let's face it - is a bit of a headache even before you even start.
Airlite, however, is not only a breathable technology, more effective than any other paint on the market (the tests conducted in multiple laboratories say it), but it is also a paint designed to simplify your life!
So let's see how this happens.
When to paint?
First of all there are a few things to consider before the painting, in particular the choice of colours and the calculation of the right amount of paint, for which we refer you to our dedicated articles.
Once you have chosen one or more colours and ordered both the paint (Interior for the interiors and Exterior for the exteriors) and the Base coat (plus any necessary products, such as our Anti-mould), it is necessary to choose when to start the work . Don’t worry if you have ordered Airlite too soon, just keep the cans sealed and in a dry environment, until you start the work.
Unlike the other more common paints however, Airlite has the huge advantage of being a completely mineral and lime-based paint. This means that, although the solvent is water, as in normal water-based paints, the binder will not be synthetic (i.e. chemical). Airlite is totally natural (mineral, precisely). This makes a huge difference compared to all other paints: it will not be necessary to open the windows to ventilate the room, at any stage of the painting operation!
This opens the possibility of painting an interior environment at any time of the year - unlike with normal paints.
In addition, Airlite can be prepared with an ambient temperature of 5 ° C to 35 ° C, making it perfect for application on both colder days and warmer periods.
How to paint?
Does a painting sold in powder form scare you? Don't worry, applying Airlite is easier than it seems! Here is a practical video that illustrates the steps, with a useful summary attached!
So let's summarise the steps:
- Prepare the room to be painted, for example by removing the furniture and protecting the different surfaces.
- Prepare the surface to be painted, which must be dry, intact, and free from any substance or material that could hinder the adhesion of Airlite. In the presence of mould, use our dedicated product.
- Treat the walls with matching Airlite Base, our primer that guarantees 10 years of product functionality, and let it dry for 5 to 8 hours.
- Prepare the tools: to cover 50-60 m2 of surface, you need 5 kg of Airlite, 3.75 litres of clean water, any coloured pigments provided in the order, a measuring cup, a mixer, a short-haired roller, a roller screen and a brush.
- Follow the instructions for preparing white or coloured Airlite, and apply the product within 3 hours of preparation.
At the end, wash all your tools with water and, if you have any leftover paint already prepared, let it dry and dispose of it as a fixed waste. All unused paint, including pigments, can be kept sealed in a cool, dry place, and set aside for finishing.
Stop! No emissions harmful to humans, no product degradation over time!
Easy isn't it? Yes, with Airlite!